Friday, September 19, 2008

Easy Wheat Bread

I've been experimenting with a new bread recipe. This is a slightly sweet, healthy half-whole-wheat bread for the bread machine. I love the Oatmeal Whole Wheat Bread, but the recipe is too big for my bread machine pan. And when I experimented to reduce the ingredients, it was a horrible disaster!

This one is great and is about $1.00 a loaf.

For more Random Recipes, don't forget to visit Pam at Random Thoughts!




Yield: 1 loaf


Ingredients:
1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees F)
1 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon molasses
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2-3 tablespoons ground flax meal
2 teaspoons instant active dry yeast


Place ingredients in bread pan according to manufacturers' instructions. I use the whole wheat cycle.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Thank you so much for posing! I love wheat bread and this sounds great!