Saturday, September 6, 2008

Crockpot Spanish Rice

Oh.My.Word. This was good eats! Hubby loved it. I loved it. Even Ladybug loved it, if that could be determined from the large amounts that she ate at supper, and as leftovers.


I cooked mine on high for 6 hours and it came out just right. The rice and all the vegetables were mushy, just the way we like them!






Crockpot Spanish Rice


1-2 lbs lean ground beef, browned and drained (I used ground turkey)
2 medium onions, chopped
2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
28-oz can diced tomatoes
1 cup tomato sauce (I used my homemade sauce)
1 1/2 cups water
2 1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 cups rice, uncooked


1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.


2. Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours or high 6 hours.


For more Saturday Stirrings recipes, please visit Carol at I Throw Like a Girl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I will be making this today! I have all the ingredients and it sounds fantastic!

Anonymous said...

This looks like a winner. I'll be making this one. Thanks!

Genny said...

My kind of recipe...crock pot and easy! Yum!