Saturday, September 13, 2008

Shrimp Creole Crockpot

And so continues my love affair with the crock pot. This was our dinner last night, and it was another winner. I served it with cheesy grits. You could serve this with rice as well.

Fore more Saturday Stirrings, please visit Carol at I Throw Like a Girl.



SHRIMP CREOLE CROCKPOT
1 1/2 cups diced celery
1 1/4 cups chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (28 oz.) can chopped tomatoes
2 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 drops Tabasco (opt.)
1 pound shrimp - deveined & shelled

Combine all ingredients except shrimp. Cook 3 to 4 hours on high or 6
to 8 hours on low.

Add shrimp last hour of cooking. Serve over hot rice. Chicken or
crawfish may be substituted for shrimp.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
Thanks for posting this recipe! I have a crock pot question for you. Last week I made the Spanish Rice recipe you posted and it was delish! However, my crockpot killed the rice after about 6 hours on low. The rice was a bunch of mush. I find that no matter what I make in my crockpot, it seems to cook too hot even on low. What kind of crockpot do you have? Should I be blaming my crockpot or am I doing something wrong?

Blogger said...

This sounds really yummy and I am with carol, I hate my crockpot. I had a small one and tossed it for a bigger one and I really should have kept the smaller one...

Bella

Deanna said...

I am all about crockpot foods. I will be giving this a try!