I have two really great crockpot lasagna recipes. "Regular" lasagna and chicken & veggie lasagna. After enjoying these two creations several times, Hubby suggested that I develop a Philly Cheesesteak Lasagna recipe as well. So Hubby is the inspiration, and I gave the perspiration. Actually, it wasn't too difficult. I used a large soup pot to cook the steak ums in so that I would only have one extra pot to wash.
This my very own creation - enjoy!
Philly Cheesesteak Crockpot Lasagna
1 pkg oven ready (no boil) lasagna noodles
8 steak ums (1/2 pkg)
1 large white onion, sliced
1 large green bell pepper, sliced
2 cans Cheddar cheese soup
3 soup cans milk (I use skim)
1 1/2 cups Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Cook steak ums one at a time in a large soup pot. Reserve steak ums on a plate until all are finished.
2. Add a little bit of olive oil to the pot and saute onions and peppers. When they are soft, add steak ums.
3. Pour Cheddar cheese soup and milk into the pot and stir to combine. Heat through, add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Assemble layers in your crockpot. I was able to make 4 layers in my 6 qt crock. Use a one cup measure or ladle to spoon a small amount of "sauce" into bottom of crock. Then add a layer of noodles, breaking noodles to fit as needed. Add a layer of sauce with meat, peppers, and onions, then a layer of shredded cheese. Continue layering, with the last layer being shredded cheese.
5. Set crockpot to low and cook for 6-8 hours. Check noodles for doneness.
This made 8 servings for us and we are a family of big eaters. I debuted this recipe for my mom, my in-laws, and Hubby, and they all loved it.