Saturday, April 26, 2008

Granola Bars


I saw this recipe yesterday on Overwhelmed with Joy! I definitely want to try this, so I am copying this for my own archives. This is from the Food Network.

I love having snack bars for when we have to grab something quick on our way out of the house. Can't wait to try this! And I think my homemade Crockpot Granola will work great in this recipe!

For more Saturday Stirrings recipes, click on over to It Coulda Been Worse.



Granola Bars

1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
3 cups low-fat granola mix (not cereal)
1/2 cup sweetened flake coconut
1/2 cup golden raisins
3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup slivered almonds

Combine brown sugar, honey, vanilla and butter in a medium-size saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat; simmer 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Cool.

Meanwhile, combine granola, coconut, raisins, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and almonds in a large bowl.

Stir brown sugar mixture into granola mixture. Spread in a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan. Press remaining chocolate chips into top. Refrigerate 2 hours or until completely cooled. Cut into bars.

4 comments:

The Apron Queen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Apron Queen said...

This sounds awesome!

Stop by for the world's easiest mashed potato recipe. You won't regret it!

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

Anonymous said...

Yum! These are probably so much better than any granola bar you can buy at the store! Thanks!

Kim said...

This is a great recipe. I figure I can change out the extras to things I like (not a big fan of coconut or raisins). Thank you!