My mom has been visiting the past few weeks. She brought with her some dill seed that she had dried from her own garden and said that she wanted to make dill bread while she was here. So I googled a recipe, tweaked it a little, and here's what we made.
You can either use the basic bread cycle or use the dough cycle, then remove the dough shape it into a loaf and bake in a 350 degree oven. It's great bread; the dill and the onion are not overbearing - it's just right!
For more recipes and kitchen tips, visit Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.
Cottage Dill Bread
- 2/3 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2/3 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dill seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- Measure ingredients into the machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select the Basic Bread cycle.