Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spinach and Potato Frittata


I've always wanted to make a frittata. But I never tried before, because I assumed that it needed to start on the stovetop and finish in the oven, and I don't have the proper cookware for that.

When I needed to pull together a meal a few weeks ago with ingredients I had on hand, I looked for a frittata recipe and found one that had directions for cooking entirely on the stovetop. Score! I adapted this recipe to the ingredients that I had, and it was delicious!! We'll definitely have this again!

For more recipes and kitchen tips, visit Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!


Spinach and Potato Frittata
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 6 small red potatoes, sliced
  • 1 cup torn fresh spinach
  • 2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
  • 1 tsp crushed garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

  1. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place potatoes in the skillet, cover, and cook about 10 minutes, until tender but firm. Mix in spinach, green onions, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted.
  2. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Pour into the skillet over the vegetables. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until eggs are firm.

Don't forget to visit my main blog Not a DIY Life. Thanks!

No comments: