Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Easy Cream Cheese Pasta and Chicken

I wanted to make my yummy Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken, but I didn't have all the right ingredients. So I improvised!

First, I didn't have any boneless skinless chicken breasts; all I had was chicken leg quarters (yay for 49cents/lb chicken!). I didn't have any Italian seasoning or cream of chicken soup either. I'm trying to use less processed foods in my cooking. And I didn't want to mess up another pan just to make a white sauce!

This was very yummy! I'll definitely make this again!



Easy Cream Cheese Pasta and Chicken

4 chicken leg quarters (or use whatever chicken you have on hand)

8 oz spaghetti noodles
2 T. butter
4 oz cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
1 T. Italian seasoning
1 t. garlic powder
1 T. milk

1. In the morning, put your chicken in the crockpot with about 1 cup of water. Sprinkle with a little bit of your favorite seasonings. I use seasoning salt. Cook on low 8 hours or high 6 hours.

2. A half hour before eating, cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain and reserve until after next step.

3. In the same pot over low heat, melt butter. Stir in cream cheese, seasonings, and milk. Allow the cream cheese to melt. Add a bit more milk if you like a looser sauce. I wasn't going for a sauce that you can pour, just a sauce that would stick to the noodles.

4. Return noodles to pot and toss to coat with sauce.

5. To serve, pile de-boned chicken, noodles, and your choice of steamed vegetables on your plate. Enjoy!