Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Stuffed Pepper Casserole

I love stuffed peppers, but I hate all the work of actually stuffing the peppers. So adapted my mom's stuffed pepper recipe to be a casserole instead. Can't believe I haven't shared this before now!


Don't forget to visit Lisa at Blessed with Grace for more Tempt My Tummy Tuesday recipes and kitchen tips!



Stuffed Pepper Casserole


1 pound ground beef or ground turkey

1/2 cup onion -- chopped

1 can diced tomatoes -- 26 oz. can

1 large green pepper -- chopped

1/2 cup long-grain rice -- uncooked

1/2 cup water

2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1 cup cheddar cheese -- shredded

In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Transfer to a greased 2 quart casserole. Add the next 8 ingredients. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until rice is tender. Uncover and sprinkle with the cheese; return to the oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.


Or assemble casserole in your crockpot. Cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours. Top with cheddar cheese 10 minutes before serving.



2 comments:

Brenda said...

I like the crock pot idea, I use my crock pot a lot

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I know my hubby would like this. Thanks. Thanks for joining us, today, for TMTT.