Saturday, January 10, 2009

Zippy Pineapple-Carrot Smoothie

I will be trying to post more health-conscious recipes this year. I started this blog to record a lot of our family favorites. Since a lot of those recipes are my grandma's and her twin's, they don't usually fall into the "healthy" category. I will still post those from time to time.

But I will be trying new recipes and will post them here to share. I'll try to keep them simple, since that's the type of cook I am! I can't deal with complicated recipes or recipes that call for hard-to-find ingredients. I haven't tried this yet, as we just got back from an out-of-town trip, and I don't have any ginger right now. But this sounds really yummy!

Don't forget to check out more great recipes at Saturday Stirrings today! I found this recipe on the Eat Right 4 Your Type website.


Zippy Pineapple-Carrot Smoothie

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
  • 1 cup milk (the recipe calls for soy milk, but I haven't made that switch yet)
  • 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
  • 1/3 cup pineapple juice
  • 1 1-inch piece ginger root, peeled and minced
  • honey, to taste

How to make it:
  1. Place all ingredients in blender container and blend until everything is smooth.
  2. Add ice if you like it frosty.
  3. The ginger adds some 'zip' to it.

No comments: