But I will be trying new recipes and will post them here to share. I'll try to keep them simple, since that's the type of cook I am! I can't deal with complicated recipes or recipes that call for hard-to-find ingredients. I haven't tried this yet, as we just got back from an out-of-town trip, and I don't have any ginger right now. But this sounds really yummy!
Don't forget to check out more great recipes at Saturday Stirrings today! I found this recipe on the Eat Right 4 Your Type website.
Zippy Pineapple-Carrot Smoothie
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup milk (the recipe calls for soy milk, but I haven't made that switch yet)
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1-inch piece ginger root, peeled and minced
- honey, to taste
How to make it:
- Place all ingredients in blender container and blend until everything is smooth.
- Add ice if you like it frosty.
- The ginger adds some 'zip' to it.