Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cranberry Relish

I do not like cranberry in a can,
I do not like it in a sauce,
I do not like it from a pot.
I do not like it in jello,
I do not like it formed in cello.

Sorry for that poor attempt at Suessian rhyme. The point is: I do not like my Thanksgiving cranberries cooked or in jello. I like it RAW! I know, I'm strange. But I love my Cranberry Relish!



Cranberry Relish


1 bag fresh cranberries
1/2 fresh orange, with rind and membranes removed
1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
1/2 chopped walnuts (optional)

Place first three ingredients in your food processor. Pulse until combined. Place mixture in a bowl. Fold in walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.

It's that easy, folks!

For more great recipes, click on over to Saturday Stirrings at I Throw Like a Girl. Carol also has a giveaway along with today's Saturday Stirrings. So get over there TODAY to see how you can enter to win a gift package from Progresso Soup!

1 comment:

Farrah said...

I love your rhyme, and I recognized Seuss immediately! :-)

This recipe is intriguing me, so I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for sharing!!