Saturday, August 23, 2008

Crockpot Pollo Loco (Crazy Chicken)

One of my favorite local Mexican restaurants serves Pollo Loco, Crazy Chicken. I decide to try to recreate it in my crockpot. It was a huge success!

The usual vegetables are: onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, and broccoli. But I used whatever I had in the freezer, which was green beans and broccoli. You can also use fresh veggies. It's a great dish to use up odds and ends.

Don't forget to check out more Saturday Stirrings recipes at I Throw Like a Girl.



Crockpot Pollo Loco

chicken for 4-6 servings (I used chicken legs that were on sale)
1 jar of salsa
vegetables of your choice, or whatever you have on hand

1. Place chicken in crockpot. Cover with salsa. If your vegetables are fresh, layer them over the salsa.

2. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or high 6 hours. If you cook on low, the flavors will come together more.

3. At one hour before serving time, turn crockpot to high. If using frozen vegetables, add them at this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds great! Thanks for posting it at Saturday Stirrings!