Friday, February 22, 2008

Choco Monkey Oatmeal



Time for more Random Recipes hosted by Pam at Random Thoughts. Today's theme is breakfast. If you have not yet discovered http://www.hungry-girl.com/, a lot of my healthier recipes come from this site. Hungry Girl adapts a lot of faves into slimmed down versions so we can still enjoy our indulgences!





Choco Monkey Oatmeal

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 185 calories, 2g fat, 137mg sodium, 37g carbs, 5g fiber, 11g sugars, 6.5g protein -- POINTS® value 3*

Ingredients:
1/3 cup regular oats (not instant)
1 25-calorie packet diet hot cocoa mix
1/2 medium-sized banana; mashed
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda)
dash salt


Directions: Pour cocoa mix into a glass with cinnamon, sweetener and salt. Add 1/4 cup of hot water, and stir thoroughly. Once cocoa mix has dissolved, add 1/4 cup of cold water and stir. Place mixture in the fridge to chill. (Make sure it is cold, or oatmeal may bubble over when cooking!) When ready, combine with mashed banana and oats in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, and mix well. Microwave dish for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes (depending on how thick you like your oatmeal). Give it a stir, and then allow oatmeal to cool and thicken. Enjoy!


MAKES 1 SERVING

4 comments:

Pam said...

All these yummy recipes are making me hungry! I am going to have to try this one! THanks for playing along!

Anonymous said...

This sounds awesome . . . I can't wait to try it! And I LOVE oatmeal . . . so I know I'm gonna like this.

Amy W said...

I love hungry girl...

Anonymous said...

Good to see you making HG recipes. I get their e-mails everyday but have only tried a few of their recipes. I'll have to give others a try.