Friday, May 7, 2010

Healthy Snack Mix

I've posted a snack mix before, but I think it was before my days of trying to limit processed foods. So while this mix has processed foods, I went with the best ingredients possible.

I like to make a snack mix when we have a road trip or if we'll be spending time at the beach or at the pool. Just grab a cup-full and snack!


1 box of Kashi Heart-to-Heart Warm Cinnamon Oat Cereal
1 box Post Toasties (wheat & bran cereal)
6 cups stove-popped or air-popped popcorn (you can use microwave popcorn if it's "natural")
1 large bag of M&Ms (I got the dark chocolate flavor)

Mix all ingredients in a large tub. A one cup serving is approximately 125 calories.


Don't forget to visit my main blog Not a DIY Life to follow my journey of parenting and getting healthy!

4 comments:

Heidi Bobier said...

Only thing I'd add is a cup of almonds or peanuts for some extra protein.

My go-to "snack mix" usually results in some assortment of nuts and M&M's.

Beth said...

That sounds really great! Thanks for posting this!

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

Heidi, great suggestion to add almonds or peanuts! That would make a great addition.

Warren D. Griffin said...

Very interesting topics.I am looking this type of topics, I need more informations because everyone knows "Health is wealth" is very much known to all and everyone wants good health. That means no one wants to leave this wealth. So, Let us build a food habit discipline, keep pace with work, rest and or exercise to Achieve good health, The ultimate wealth.
Our Healthier Living