Saturday, June 28, 2008

Easy Whole Wheat Bread

I have found a great recipe for making whole wheat bread in my bread machine! I looked in a lot of recipe books, and lots of different websites, so this recipe is a combination of what I've read.

Don't forget to check out other great recipes at the new home of Saturday Stirrings at I Throw Like a Girl.



Ingredients:
3/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
2 T vegetable oil
2 T sugar
1 t salt
1 cup bread flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 packet of rapid rise yeast (or 1 t)

Directions:
Place all ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the the manufacturer. Select Whole Wheat cycle and Regular bake time; press start.

After 5 minutes, check how the dough is kneading. It may need either 1 T of flour or 1 T of water, depending on the consistency.

Once the bread is done, allow it time to cool on a wire rack before cutting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious. I wish I still had my breadmaker to try it. Thanks for participating in Saturday Stirrings at its new location! ~Carol